Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yves Rocher and Botanical Beauty Research... Sandthorn Berries

 


It is hard to believe we are in August already.  To me, August is the last month of the summer (sad) and it is time to pick up all ripe berries I have in my garden.

Some years ago I bought two little sprigs of the plant that was advertised as native plant from Siberia.  The description of the plant promised to produce orange berries, rich in antioxidants and very good for your health.  After some years, those little sprigs grew up into the dwarf tree and, as promised, started producing beautiful bright orange, sour tasting berries that worked really well for home made preserves.  Even though I was making those preserves for some years now, for the life of me, I could not remember the name of this plant! 

Yesterday morning, I checked on my yellow berries and decided that it was time to pick them up before they become too ripe.  If you ever picked up berries, you may know that berry picking can be almost therapeutic experience.  I know it is for me: birds are singing, I am not in rush and follow my own rhythm when picking up berries one by one, my thoughts are flowing like slow river in  unexpected directions.

Suddenly, I realized that I saw the picture of these orange berries on one of my face cream from Yves Rocher that I really love.  I dropped what I was doing, ran back to the house, grabbed that face cream, and sure enough, berries I was picking were displayed on the packaging of one of my favorite face cream.  Yves Rocher Botanical Beauty researches described this product as: "sandthorn berries,  whose seeds contain molecules capable of offering unprecedented definition to the facial contour and restoring skin's elasticity. Facial skin grows firmer and, day after day, oval of the face is redefined."

I can confess that this face cream delivers the result that Yves Rocher researches promised.  I don't know why it took me so long to realize that my "no name" mystery orange berries were in fact sandthorn berries.  I found this really funny, but now I know what kind of precious tree I have growing under my window!  Should I say that I love my SANDTHORN homemade preserve even more? 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment