- 4 pieces of chicken
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 midsized tomatoes, cut in small cubes
- 1 red bell peppers, peeled and cut in thin strips
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of white rice, washed
- 2.5-3 cups of chicken stock (sometimes I use 1 cup of chicken stock and 2 cups of water)
- Salt, Black pepper, Saffron
1) Season all four pieces of chicken with salt and pepper (or any other spices you like to use with chicken) and brown it in olive oil for 2 min on each side. Set aside.
2) Preheat another skillet that you can use in the oven at 425F as well. Traditionally, this skillet should be shallow and at least 12". However, I use regular 12" skillet and it works. Saute chopped onion in olive oil, add chopped tomatoes, peeled and cut red bell pepper, garlic. Cover and saute for 4-5 min covered, add salt and black pepper.
3) Heat up chicken stock (or substitute with water), add saffron. Taste this liquid, and add a little bit of salt if needed.
4) Take you skillet with tomato/onion/etc. saute that you already made and cover with uncooked washed white rice. Then top it with already browned chicken and add preheated chicken stock mixture with saffron.
Preheat oven to 425F and bake for 25-30 min.