Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Josie Maran Argan Oil, Hand Creams and more...



I have heard a lot of good things about Josie Maran Argan Oil and only recently I got to try it.  The Argan oil advertised  to be used for hair and pretty much for all your skin moisturizing needs from head to toe, but my favorite use of this oil - on my hands.  It works so well that I wonder how can I lived for so long without it? 

This is how I use it: 2-3 drops of oil on the back of my hand, spread it out between two hands, massage it in a little bit, and then I add a pea size of my hand lotion.  From my experience, no hand cream can do the same result as this combination, and trust me, I have tried a lot of hand creams.

Also, just another useful tip if you are going to use my suggestion on hand care: before you add hand cream, try to run your hands with Argan Oil on your skin through your hair.  It will moisturize hair's dry ends and it is very effective in keeping those pesky flyaway hair in place.  I have to add here that I think the name "oil" is somewhat misleading, because the formula is NOT very oily, if it make sense.

Since I mentioned hand creams, let's talk about my choice of hand cream products as well. 

Let me start with this: I used many-many skin care creams in my life and by now I am very particular about scent in any skin care product, but especially in hand creams.  First, I don't like strong smells.  Second, since I do use other cosmetics and skin care products every day, I have to have my hand cream scented the way that it will not clash with others scents from different skin care products that I use.  After having hard time finding the right scent in my hand cream, I thought that unscented creams would be my best bet.  Not so. I realized that unscented hand creams still have some sort of cream formula scent which was not my favorite either. 

Many trial and errors later, I found that for me, the scent of lavender is the option I like, but not any lavender.  If you read my blog you know I like  Boots No7   line.  The Overnight Hand and Nail Treatment from Boots line Botanics is the one I like using.  It works very well for me, including reasonable price and gentle and natural lavender smell.

The other hand cream I use during the day is L'Occitane with Lavender scent.  If Boots hand cream is pretty affordable,  L'Occitane is what I consider my splurge item.  It lasts me for a long time though, since I use a pea size of the cream at a time.  Now, especially with combination of Josie Maran Argan Oil, I feel that my hand creams became much more effective, last longer and I hear my hands saying Thank You to me.
What is your favorite hand cream?




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment