Saturday, May 5, 2012

Art in Bloom 2012 at the Minneapolis Institute of Art...Part 1

Every year  Minneapolis Institute of Arts   organizes annual Art in Bloom exhibition.  This four-day event challenges floral designers to create their vision of the Museum artworks.

This is how it works: Florists choose what paintings or the sculpture they like and then recreate their vision of the artwork with live flower arrangements.  I captured with my camera the result of this creative process.  It is interesting to see the actual artwork and florist's creation side by side.  I definitely could see the inspiration of artwork reflected in flower arrangements.  I found many versions of the Museum's artwork recreated in flowers that I liked and I have to say - the museum smelled beautiful!   

This year it was 29th year of Art in Bloom.  I took a lot of pictures, and since I would like to show as much as possible to you, I divided all images into parts and will be posting them under "Art in Bloom" title.  Today I have prepared Part 1 for you.  As you can see I shot some arrangement from different angles so you can see them better and appreciate the beauty of all colors and textures presented in bouquets.  Share with me your favorites! 






















Pin It

2 comments: