Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Fashion Finds...Stripes

When I saw the picture of a girl wearing stripes on  The Sartorialist  I loved it right away.  She had striped top, and  also she added a striped bag for a good measure.  Never-too-much-of-good-things attitude that I like.  This type of stripes I love unconditionally.  By the way, I would like to share with you that I found good looking striped long sleeve casual top at Boden in beautiful french blue and cream.  However, I have to wait 10 weeks before I can try it on.  Looks like this is very popular item and it is on back order.  The french blue stripes on white always remind me of Russian sailors uniform, as well as Chanel's innovative creations inspired by sailors uniform.  For the Spring/Summer 2012 designers showed different interpretation of stripes.  My conclusion - you can never go wrong with stripes, and if you have a nice piece with stripes in your wardrobe, it will be always in.  Via Vogue Italia

Fendi

Akris


Jean-Charles de Castelbaja

Gareth Pugh

Jean Paul Gaultier


Ann Demeulemeester

Burberry Prorsum

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. STRIPES!!! FAB!

    Take a look at my fashion illustrations and art (let me know if you have any requests!):

    http://aliceauxpaysenchantes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete