Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Skin Care...The Secret of Micellar Cleansing Water




About two weeks ago I shared with you my new   skin care cleansing regimen  The reason I had to change something in my skin care routine was simple fact that my old way of skin cleansing did not work anymore.  I realized that I was OVER cleansing my skin, if it makes sense to you.  I felt that the skin on my face became too dry because I was using cleansers that were too strong, removing alone with my makeup, all good, natural oils as well.  This caused  dryness which did not feel good at all.  Now from my personal experience I know this: if your skin feels squeaky clean after cleansing - think twice before you decide to include cleanser in question into your daily skin care routine, it might be too aggressive and damaging for your skin.

I have heard of Micellar Cleansing Water before.  The article in  beautylish  explains really well the benefits of cleansing waters.  The problem is, this product is not very easy to find in the US.  In France it is much more common and it sounds like people who use it like it a lot.  My trip to France not in my nearest plans, so I had to find it here, in the US.  I discovered that French cosmetic company Yves Rocher that I use for some body and face lotions, also produces Micellar Cleansing Water based on three detoxifying teas.

I tried it and it worked like magic.  It looks like water but removes ALL makeup with no problem, including mascara.  Especially I liked the fact that it does not leave oily residue like other eye makeup removers.  Also, it did not cause any dryness to my skin, which does not happen very often. Amazing!  I like the fact that I did not have to use any water, which is very convenient and as you know, water from the tap is not the best for your skin, so I try avoid it when I can.

My conclusion is this: I found one more wonderful skin cleanser in addition to my milky cleansers and   Shu Uemura cleansing oil   which I probably will rotate with Micellar Water from now on.  Let me know if you had a chance to use Micellar Water and if it worked for you. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment