Sunday, July 15, 2012

Don Quixotte... Romantic Character from the Early 20th Century




The play about Don Quixotte from the great novel by  Miguel de Cervantes was first performed in Paris in 1914.

I had this statue of Don Quixotte skilfully made from blackened iron by artisans from Ural Mountans for many years, and it was in my family for many years before I have it.  So, this artifact not only very graceful and beautiful but has sentimental value to me.  Since last Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2012-13 Chanel collection  was inspired by the beginning of 20th century, I thought I would share this lovely statue with you, because very romantic story of Don Quixotte was so typical to that era and Karl Lagerfeld reflected the romantic vibe in his latest collection extremely well.   

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment