I use Deviled Eggs with Shiitake Mushrooms recipe year round and make it very often. Why do I love this recipe?
1) Very easy and quick to do
2) Shiitake mushrooms are very healthy and good for you
3) Dish with this appetizer looks good on the table
4) Easy finger food, no fork or knife required
- Dry Shiitake mushrooms, I use approximately 1/2 a cup. Note: I soak dry mushrooms in the cold water for about 45 min before cooking time. Any other mushrooms, dry or fresh, can substitute Shiitake.
- 6 eggs, cooked. Did you know this? You can cook eggs this way: Cover the eggs with cold water in a pan, bring them to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat, cover and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse in cold water for easy peel. Eggs will be perfectly cooked and you will save energy as well.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 tbs of mayo. Option for mayo substitute: Try plain yogurt instead of mayo and add salt and mustard.
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Fresh dill for garnishment
1. Saute chopped onion in a little bit of olive oil, then add chopped mushrooms and saute for another 3-5 min.
2. Cut boiled and peeled eggs lengthwise, remove yokes. Mash egg yolks with fork and mix it together with sauteed onion and mushrooms. Add salt, black ground pepper and mayo.
3. Using a tea spoon, fill eggs with mushroom mixture and garnish with fresh dill. Voila!