Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Black Eyeshadow.... Chanel Mirifique #85



I always wanted to be able to make dramatic eyes with a lot of black eyeshadow and somehow it never worked for me.  My eyes would look tired and sad, that's all.  After many trials and fails, I have decided that for whatever reason this black eyeshadow thing is just not going to work for me.

Then one day, at Chanel cosmetic counter, I came across Chanel Illusion D'ombre, Long Wear Luminous eyeshadow #85, Mirafique, and because my dream of having gorgeous black  eyeshadow on my eyes never dyed, I decided to give it a try one more time.

After a little bit of experimenting, practicing with handy brush that is included and getting down my technique applying this creamy texture eyeshadow, I realized that FINALLY, it worked!  My eyes looked beautiful and exactly how I always wanted - dramatic, huge and alive.  It does not hurt to say that I got a lot of compliments on this look too.  

When my first excitement faded a little bit, I  asked myself, why is it worked so well this time?  This is what I think: some people are fortunate enough (aka MODELS) to have faces on which any black eye makeup just works.  As for me, I had to work harder and find a product that works for my type of face.  The difference between black eyeshadow I tried before and this one is in its strong shimmer.  CHANEL is known for making makeup products with the right shimmer, strong and visible, that lights up the face, but does not look vulgar or only teenage appropriate.  This is exactly what makes the big difference between looking gorgeous and..."trying too hard and it is still not working for her."     Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment