Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Fashion finds... Skirts!

This season dresses and skirts are as popular as they were in the middle of the last century.  I am referring to 1950's.  When I look back and remembering how my closet looked just a couple of years ago, I confess that I rarely wore a skirt.  I even did not have them in my closet.  Skirts were not interesting enough to me, they all looked boring.  Now it is changing.  I have skirts and dresses in my closet AND I WEAR them.

Valentino Garavani once said: "Elegance is the balance between proportion, emotion and surprise."  He could not have said it better.  Valentino described in simple words exactly what I like in fashion.   Proportion - yes, this can make or brake the look. Emotion - this is what fashion all about.  Surprise - yes, this is what I am always looking for in an outfit, that WOW element, whether it is an interesting print, color, cut or pay of contrasts.  

Spring/Summer 2012 season offers plenty of design ideas for skirts that has an element of surprise.  You can use it and create the look that is just right for you depending on the mood or the occasion.  Personally, I like balancing bright colored or printed skirts with simple top like it shown on the 3rd photo from my  previous post  , I am referring to a picture with inspiration from Roberto Cavalli.  Sky is the limit for those who like to experiment.  Here are some examples via Style.com   

Prada


 Alberta Ferretti

D&G




Armani Prive


Aquilano Rimondi

Proenza Schouler

 Dolce & Gabbana





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment