Friday, April 27, 2012

Perfume...Which One Is Your Favorite?



Perfume counters at the department store are so appealing to me!  Beautiful perfume bottles, alluring scents... every time I am tempted to stop by and try something new.  Even though I stop by very often, rarely I find something that smells as good as I thought it would be after 15 -20 minutes of me wearing this new perfume.  Most often than not,  I would want to get rid of that new fragrance as soon as possible.  This is the reason why I even don't dare spraying any of new scents on my hand any more, paper stick only.  I am not convinced yet that I want to smell like newly unwrapped MacBook, a new perfume Fashionista reported on recently, so... search is on.

Now you understand why I have hard time changing perfumes, even if I want to.  Currently I use Chanel #5, Prada Infusion D'Iris and Jo Malone Amber & Lavender.  You can say that those three scents cannot be more different and I totally agree with you.  This is exactly why I like it.   I like wearing different perfumes depending on my choice of clothing for the day.

I wear Chanel # 5 when I feel like wearing classics.  Prada Infusion D'Iris has very light floral scent and  I like wearing it when my look is natural and simple.  Jo Malone's Amber & Lavender I associate with fashion looks that is minimalistic and straight lines. 

Tip for sensitive noses:  The smell of Amber & Lavender is pretty strong compared to other two I use.  To make it easier on my senses I use the trick I learned from one French lady: I spray it on the BACK of my neck.  This way I have the scent I like but smell it "from the distance." 

In the past I used Chanel #19 and Coco Mademoiselle, which I liked a lot.  Probably I will get back to them if nothing else will catch my attention.  I would love to find THE one I don't know about yet.  What perfume do you love?  I need something new!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment