Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Best DIY Manicure .... Sophy Robson Manicure

I do my own manicure and always looking for ways to achieve more professional results. No questions, it take some practice for the best result, but it is not only about the practice. It is important to have the knowledge of how the best professionals in the industry do it. When you know the right technique, it can save a lot of time and aggravation.

I am not talking here about prepping my nails before applying a nail polish. It is the easy part. I am talking about actual painting. This part of the manicure process can be very exciting and disappointing at the same time. Exciting, because all that expectation about a new color.  Disappointing, because it may not look as neat as I wanted it to be.

The best tips on how to do the best nail painting I got from watching Sophy Robson youtube video. Sophy Robson is the most popular London's manicurist who creates amazing manicures for prestigious fashion shows and glossy magazine's photo shoots. After I watched her video, I realized that her technique was quite different than mine, if I can call my home grown effort a technique at all. Leave alone the difference between her final result and mine. After I learned Sophy Robson's technique, I never went back to what I was doing before.

So, here is the video, and if you are observant and ready to try how she does it, you may be surprised on how helpful her tips are and how relatively easy it is to make your manicure time much more enjoyable with results you were looking for. For example, I learned to start applying my nail polish by tapping the brush a couple of times at the base of the nail, which prevents too much of nail polish into the cuticle area. Also, she explained that it is important not to apply too much pressure to the brush, which may cause some pulling of the polish.

Another tricky thing for me was to understand as to how much of the polish I needed for each nail.  I have heard before that it should not be too much of polish on the brush for each nail, but how much is too much? To my surprise, Sophy Robson was taking quite a bit of a polish each time she dipped her brush into the bottle of polish, much more than I did.  Looking at her manicure, it was easy for me to conclude that she was doing it right way, not I. Anyway, I thought this video covers a lot of basics of professional manicure, and if it helped me, it may also be helpful to those of you who want to do it better as well. Let me know what you think! 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment